Who would have believed that Jambalaya stew tastes so good
3 Tablespoons Further Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Yellow Onions (peeled & chopped high-quality)
2 Massive Dimension Garlic Cloves (peeled & minced)
2 Dry Bay Leaves
2 Cups Candy Potatoes (skinned & chopped)
2 Cups Shiitake Mushrooms (stemmed & sliced)
2 Medium Dimension Contemporary Crimson Bell Peppers (chopped)
1 Inch Contemporary Ginger (minced & squeezed)
1 Tablespoon Lemongrass
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Floor Black Pepper
3 1/2 Cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
1 28-Ounce Can Complete Tomatoes with Juice
Roux (Thickener) Components:
1/4 Cup Further Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Complete Wheat Flour
1/4 Cup Contemporary Basil Leaves
You Will Additionally Want:
- 1 Massive Dimension Inventory Pot
- 1 Medium Dimension Skillet
- 1 Picket Spoon
- Pour the oil from the stew elements into a big inventory pot and set it on
- Add the onions, garlic and bay leaves and prepare dinner till the onions change into
- Add the candy potatoes, mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Add within the seasoning — ginger juice, lemongrass, cayenne pepper, sea
salt, black pepper.
- Cook dinner for an additional 7 minutes.
- Stir within the vegetable broth and tomatoes.
- Cut back the warmth to low, cowl pot and simmer for about quarter-hour.
- Whereas the stew is simmering, pour the oil from the roux elements into
a skillet and set it over medium-high warmth.
- When the oil is sufficiently sizzling, add the flour and nonetheless vigorously till it
turns darkish brown.
- Take away the skillet off the warmth supply and pour the roux into the stew.
- Stir completely and proceed to prepare dinner uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Take away the bay leaves and serve sizzling with bits of basil leaves floating