No, you have not misread the name of this dish because it is indeed animalfree yet it’s the perfect vegan substitute for ham and eggs.
- Package Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 3Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 Container Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 Medium Size Ripe Avocado
- 1 Package Cheddar Flavored Daiya Vegan Cheese
You Will Also Need:
- 1 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cutting Knife
- 1 Medium Size Frying Pan
- 1 Metal Spatula
- 1 Microwave-Safe Dish
- 1 Serving Platter
- 1 Metal Tablespoon
- In a medium size bowl, thoroughly combine the nutritional yeast withthe flour, salt and pepper.
- Completely drain the water out of the tofu.
- With the help of a sharp knife, cut the tofu into 1/4” slices and dunkthem into the nutritional yeast mixture until both sides are coated.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and place over a medium-high heat.
- Transfer the coated tofu slices into the hot oil.
- Fry the tofu slices for about 5 minutes or until they’ve turned goldenbrown.
- Using a metal spatula, flip the tofu slices over and fry until goldenbrown on the other side as well.
- Remove from heat source and place on a microwave-safe dish.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Daiya cheese and microwave for about
25 seconds or until it has begun to slightly melt.
- Toast the bread and slice the avocado.
- Transfer the toasted bread onto a serving platter.
- Top the bread with tofu slices, avocado slivers and a scoop of veganmayonnaise.
- Enjoy your green ham and eggs.