You can use white cornmeal, but the yellow color of this porridge with vegan butter is more appealing in my opinion. I also realize cinnamon with nutmeg blend adequately to give the food that unique aroma. Afterward, get creative with fruits and nuts to make for a sweet topping.
Prep Time: 4 min | Cook Time: 2 min | NPR: 10 min | Serves: 4
For the corn porridge:
1 cup yellow cornmeal, coarse
4 cups of water
¼ cup coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp nutmeg powder
4 tbsp vegan butter
For the toppings:
Toasted shredded coconut
- Open the instant pot and add the cornmeal, water, coconut milk, coconut sugar, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, and nutmeg powder. Stir the ingredients with a spoon.
- Close the lid of the pot, secure the pressure valve, and select Porridge mode on high pressure. Set the timer for 2 minutes.
- When the timer is done, perform a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then a quick pressure release to let out any remaining steam, and open the lid.
- Add the vegan butter, stir the porridge with a spoon until the butter melts, and adjust the taste with some coconut sugar.
- Dish the food into serving bowls and top with some papaya, raspberries, and sprinkle the shredded coconut on the side.
Nutritional Fact per Serving:
Calories 311; Total Fat 15.8g; Total Carbs 38.9g; Fiber 2.4g; Protein 3.4g